Our team has invested nearly a decade of research and testing (and over a million dollars) building our powder coating line. Powder coating is an ideal method for finishing your chain as it can withstand the elements and wear and tear. It can be applied in almost any color you may require, including matching company trademark colors.
Advantages of Powder Coating
Powder coated chain exhibits increased durability and performance when compared to other polymer coatings. This is because when the powder is cured, the powder coat becomes chemically interlinked, forming a hard shell around and thermally bonded to the chain. This curing makes the protective effects last longer.
- • Superior corrosion resistance compared to self-colored, painted, or thermadep chain
- • Powder coat in any color can be applied over hot dip galvanized, EG, or Galv360Ⓡ-treated chain, giving you the more advanced corrosive protection you may require and the look you want.
- • Ideal for overhead lifting and many outdoor applications
Safety You Can See
Laclede Chain is the only supplier bringing you superior visibility that lasts. We’re proud to offer the strongest and safest domestically manufactured overhead lifting chain: Hi-Viz.
Our Hi-Viz chain and fittings are powder coated in two colors:
- • Hi-Viz Green: Grade 120 chain and fittings
- • Hi-Viz Yellow: Grade 100 chain and fittings
These colors have been specifically tested in sunlight and do not fade like typical bright neon colors. They are designed to last and remain high visibility.
In addition to Hi-Viz green and yellow, we have the ability to powder coat chain in any color you may need. Whether you need colored chain for increased visibility, color match other components in an assembly, or to highlight your (or your customer’s) particular brand, powder coating is the best option for applying custom colors.
Powder coating is safer for people and the environment than liquid paint:
- • Produces no VOC’s
- • Non-flammable
- • Decreases waste
It produces better results:
- • Adheres better due to thermal bonding with the chain’s surface during curing
- • Lasts longer due to more resistance to chipping and scratching
- • Retains color better in conditions with moisture, sunlight, and heat
Our powder coated chain delivers you the increased performance and durability you need, while keeping your workplace safe and making you stand out.
Ready to get started?
Request a Quote online or call us at (800) 325-2699.